I was asked by CNN to predict what awaits us in 2012.
My prediction is #9 on their lead story:
And I’ll paste it here:
Sabbath becomes trendy!
Fourth Commandment makes a comeback!
Sabbath named Time’s person of the year!
A new movement sweeps the country. They call themselves 24/6. Worn out by being tethered to the grid 24/7, sick of being accessible all hours of the day, inundated by updates, upgrades, and breaking news, Americans finally rebel, demanding, “We need a day off.”
People all over the country go offline for 24 hours every week. The simple break from the frenetic pace results in lowered cholesterol levels, fewer speeding tickets, and a reduction in marital strife. Peace, tranquility and contentment spread like wildfire.
–Jamie Korngold, rabbi and author of “The God Upgrade”
What do you think? Any chance of 24/6 coming to fruition?
- My Prediction for CNN.com for 2012: 24×6 – Take a Day Off
- New Review of The God Upgrade
- Book Signing Photos: Aspen, Colorado
- Adventure Rabbi Featured in Wall Street Journal – 7-5-2011
- Fox News Interview About The God Upgrade
- Scarsdale Inquirer Article about Rabbi Korngold coming to New York for her Book Talk
- Review of The God Upgrade from the Shabbat Lady (Texas Jewish Post)
- Photos from Adventure Rabbi May 2011 Hike
- CNN Interview with Rabbi Korngold about The God Upgrade
- God Upgrade #1 Bestseller at Boulder Bookstore (photo)
- Blog post about Passover in Moab April 26, 2017Here's a nice blog post by Scott Bratt, who attended Passover in Moab. Bratt runs OneTable.org: https://onetable.org/2017/04/21/whatileftbehind/ […]Adventure Rabbi Blog
- Toba Levinson: What I learned about God and Doughnuts March 7, 2017We buried Toba Levinson on a sunny day in late-January, just days after I realized that she had changed my understanding of God.Those of you who shop at the King Soopers on Table Mesa in Boulder might have known Toba. Or at least seen her. She bagged groceries in the store about 12 years ago.Toba and her husband Joel moved to Colorado when she was 66. She ha […]Adventure Rabbi Blog
- Photos from Passover in Moab April 27, 2016Enjoy these photos from Passover in Moab!Here's a few, but more are posted here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10154172639291457.1073742064.681116456&type=1&l=6227bbb851 […]Adventure Rabbi Blog
- This week I attended the Conversation October 26, 2015This week I attended the Conversation, a conference in Baltimore Maryland hosted by the Jewish Week.Each year 54 Jewish thought leaders from a variety of fields including high tech, media, law, entertainment, politics and education are invited to gather for three days of conversation to talk about the future of Jewish life in this country and explore what it […]Adventure Rabbi Blog
- Adventure Rabbi - Aug 28 Sermon - Honor Thy Father and Mother August 29, 2015Watch Rabbi Jamie Korngold discuss the commandment, "Honor thy father and mother," during the Adventure Rabbi Shabbat service on top of Flagstaff mountain, above Boulder, Colorado. […]Adventure Rabbi Blog